Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goobye '08, Hello '09

2008 was a year filled with many milestones. The birth of my first son, and second child. Seeing my daughter start what I believe will be a long gymnastics career. My first taste of life as a mom to a baby with some scary health problems. I met my breastfeeding goals. And yes, even acheiving some writing goals.

There are many more things I could go on about, but suffice it to say, it was a great year.

I'm hoping 2009 will be even better.

So, in no particular order, here are my goals for 2009 (because resolutions are just so Cliche).

1. I will survive AJ's surgery without valium, but instead with the love and support of my family and friends.

2. I will drop these last few baby INCHES from my waist. I'm determined not to worry about the scale, but rather the flatness of my stomach. I'll trade this flab for muscle any day!

3. I will try to be a better mom - because there is no such thing as perfect, and we can always improve ourselves.

4. I will continue reading at least two books every month.

5. I will complete In Gryphon's Snare, write a query, and send it out.

6. While waiting for the rejection slips to come in, I'll begin my next novel and begin the process all over again.

7. I will join a crit group and submerge myself back into the land of aspiring authors, because even the bestsellers were once where I am now.

Well, I think that's plenty to keep me busy for the next year. What about you? What do you have planned for the upcoming year?

3 comments:

  1. My new years resolutions look a lot like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bethany,

    Thanks for dropping by. Your kids look so cute and congrats on your son. I hope he's doing well now, the poor baby. Good luck on your new year resolutions too and I hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete