Saturday, December 27, 2008

Keeping Your Goals

Goals...as many of my crit partners can attest to, I suck at them. Well, that's not entirely true. I'm awesome when it comes to setting them. It's the accomplishing that I'm not so great at. So, when I sat down a month ago and decided to start writing again, I did it with the best intentions, but also with the idea in the back of my head that I wouldn't actually keep to it. Especially with Christmas coming up so fast.

The good news is, I've been sticking to my goals!!

Maybe I don't sit and stare at the computer screen absolutely every single day - but I am honest with myself in that if I'm just surfing the net, then I DO make sure I sit and stare. Some days, I just honestly can't make time to sit in front of the computer. As a mom of two very young kiddies and a husband who works two jobs...it happens. But, every day that I *can*, I *do*. That's all I can honestly expect of myself.

I am being honest with myself, and it's paying off.

I'm 17% of the way through the first draft of a WIP I've been tinkering with for over a year, and that makes me happy. 17% in just three short weeks is huge. I'm on track, I'm staying focused, and I'm keeping to my personal timeline.

It appears I can attain my goals after all :). GO ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment